Sunday, May 6, 2012

Reflections on the Photoshop Project...

A few weeks ago, we were asked to create a Photoshop project, utilizing one picture from flikr, one photo from our digital camera (or our home computer), and one photo that has been scanned.  Because I'm not so great with technology, I was a little afraid of completing this project in a timely manner.

As it turns out, it really wasn't that difficult to complete, and I created a fun picture of my dog in a garden. I really like how I learned skills to be able to make it seem as though she's sitting in the flowers of a picture taken of someone else's garden.  It ended up looking pretty realistic! :D

I think Photoshop would come in handy in my English/Language Arts class when my students are creating art projects centered on literature.  By using various tools in Photoshop, they might be able to re-create scenes from novels and short stories to visually depict what they imagine while they're reading.  This would further enhance their interaction with the text.

A neat tool for my teacher toolkit, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment